In the book,The Absolutely True Diary Of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie, is making me realize a lot of things about the protagonist. The protagonist face a lot of real world issues and problems, and there are a lot of messed up things about his life. Though the main character suffers from all these things, we are a lot alike is many ways and also different in many ways.
My protagonist in my book's name is Arnold Junior Spirit. He uses his name for two different places, his reservation which is his home as an indian, and his school named Rearden which we separates himself from mostly because of nationality of being the only indian in an all white school. We are similar in this way because my real name is Jadege Shaian Joseph but I ask everyone who knows me to call me Jada. This is mostly because NO ONE knows how to pronounce my name correctly, the teachers nor the students in any of my schools. Another reason I use Jada is because, I use to be teased about my real name. I think that the people doing the teasing would call it 'bantering' but it wasn't bantering to me. It felt like a was being stabbed in my heart because these were the people who called my friends. With Arnold, its the same way because when he is at the reservation, he is called Junior because that is his tribe name. At Arnold's school Rearden, he is called Arnold because he wanted to sound normal an fit in.
Another way we are connected is because he has a low and high self-esteem and self-confidence throughout the book. This is because he suffers from a lot of losses in his family and he just needs a friend and someone to talk to about that but he knows that he has no one. That situation is kind of like mine. Sometimes, I think that I'm not good enough for somethings and all these people are better than me. to be more specific, I feel like im not a good enough singer or dancer to get accepted into LaGuardia. I'm not a good enough singer or dancer become an entertaining singer and dancer when I grow up. I'm not a nice enough person even though I try really hard but I joke around a lot. I try to hold a lot of stuff in and every once in a while, I cry about it because I feel like everybody thinks I'm a strong person so I have to be so I can meet their expectations but I'm not so strong. I'm not insecure but most of the time, I really cant take it. I act like things don't bother me but they do and I feel like I need to talk to someone about that but I don't have anyone because they are all busy.
Arnold and I are alike in many ways but I know that we are still very different. But with all the ways that we are alike, I believe that over time, we both realized something. We are perfect the way we are. We are living life taking risks trying to do what we think is best for ourselves and not what society wants thats best for us. If we need someone to talk to, we talk to the person who we think we are closest to who would just listen if we needed them to(this person for me would be God). We need to think more positive about ourselves because we can do anything if we put our minds to it. We need to be ourselves and live through life knowing that every little thing is gonna be alright.
Please post a comment below answering the following question. Thank you!
Do you ever feel like you've have enough of it all?
HEY JADA!!
ReplyDeletevery good post i like the way you set up the whole main idea and set up. but i have agree i never feel that way but i kinda do . sometimes i do and other times i dont . but anyway great post