In my book, Other Words For Love, by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal, the main character Ariadne Mitchell or Ari goes through various problems with her family and friends. Her mom is a ELA teacher who pretty much has Ari's life all planned out for her. She is pushing and pressuring her to do her VERY best at everything so she could one day soon become a Proffesional artist. She wants her to ace her SATs so she can get into a top notch art school. Her dad is a laid back detective who keeps to himself a lot and doesn't really say much but he kinda favors Ari's sister more than Ari. Her sister Evelyn is bi-polar. She has a gorgeous husband, 2 kids, and a nice house but she is crazy and very ungrateful for all that is done for her to help her. Ari's ex-best friend Summer is a rude, selfish, manipulating girl who gets around and she uses her beauty irresponsibly and carelessly and she will probably eventually get pregnant. Summer is also sensitive and she is only the way she is now because she is trying to erase her past of being bullied by girls who claim that she sleeps with anyone and everyone. Ari's new friend Leigh is a kind, sensitive and amazing character. She is an amazing friend to Ari but she also has her days. She accidentally killed her ex boyfriend in a car crash because she was drinking and driving. Ari's ex-boyfriend Blake is a gentlemen who is as sweet and polite as any guy gets but he is also still a guy so he does things that guys do and no one can blame him.
This book has some problems in here that I personally can relate to. Like how Ari doesn't think that she is good enough to be a professional artist. I feel the same way about wanting to be a singing and dancing entertainer. Like Beyonce. I don't have a lot of faith in my self sometimes about my dreams/career choice but I try to. I try not to care what people think about the way I dance or sing. I try to just believe in myself and have faith in god that things will happen and all I have to do is wait a little bit longer and be patient. Sometimes it's not about being patient. It's about if I believe it's ever going to really happen. But I try to stay positive and get my life together so I'm ready for when it happens. I try really hard like Ari does and she came out to have a great life. I want to follow her footsteps and be the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment