Thursday, March 14, 2013

In My Eyes and In My Mind

          Reading Romeo and Juliet is like reading a song or a book in the language of love. You don't completely understand what you are reading but you could careless because the words are beautiful and sweet. In the book ( the Baz Lurhmann version), many characters display their views of this situation. I love Romeo's interpretation of situation the most because he uses oxymorons to display his love and I believe that is very unique.

           My favorite character in Romeo & Juliet would have to be Romeo. I say this because his love for Juliet is so strong and so passionate. His words and actions really show his love for her. For example, Romeo says 'Sick Health' in Act 1,Scene 1 and I thought that this meant that he would love Juliet no matter what. When he asks her to marry him, it was the sweetest thing ever. Most men are afraid of marriage and commitment so they don't really propose or like to. Romeo, however, is different because he still loves her even though she is the daughter of his families arch enemy because she carries around the last name of Capulet. Willingly, he put all that aside even the hate from their families for their love which is so romantic in my eyes.

           Many people also dislike Romeo because of his love for Juliet. They dont like the fact that Romeo fell in love with Juliet as soon as he saw her. Meanwhile, just this morning he was mourning over another girl named Rosaline who he claimed he also loved. I think that its love at first sight and a lot of people have that feeling. People don't think that its real love. I personally believe that Romeo is 80% in love with Juliet and 20% in lust with her. People also think that he is using Juliet to get over what he thought was love with Rosaline. He says that he loved Rosaline but within a day, he loved Juliet all of a sudden. Love comes and love goes, thats just the way love is. I also think that people are jealous of Romeo because a boy/man wont love them the way Rome loves Juliet.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jada. I love how you counter acted your opinion with other people's opinion but made sure yours was loud and clear. I agree that Romeo is a passionate person. The reason I think many people think romeo's love isn't real is because he is so young and they just can process the fact that a 14 year old boy can be so in love with a girl and that the feeling is mutual. Overall, nice job! -Molly

    ReplyDelete