Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Trust Is Essential In Life
In the book,Burned, by Sara Shepherd, the girls are walking on thin ice in A's book. The 4 girls, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna, also known as the Pretty Little Liars, are trying to escape from their past and A as much as possible. They recently boarded a cruise ship touring three Caribbean islands and they are trying to be as relaxed as possible but still on the lookout. Aria couldn't feel more pressured with the weight of possibly being a murderer of Tabitha's death in Jamaica last spring brake. She's also trying to maintain a honesty-is-the-best-policy rule with her boyfriend Noël. Aria is also playing matchmaker with a boy she met on the cruise. Spencer is a little uneasy during this trip. She has her crush to look forward to spending time with, but she seems like she's being pushed away by her crush's ex trying to steal him back. Emily went from a moping-glum teen feeling sorry to herself to a girl in love. She feels like she finally met her Ali replacement. Hanna is trying to find a friend to replace Mona and when she does, she doesn't trust her. These girls just need to forget about their past and make the best of their future.
One thing that I think that these girls struggle with s trust. They each start to trust someone and then they stop because they think they are A. When Hanna started to trust and hang out with Naomi, they were like BFFs. They all of a sudden one bad thing happens and she thought that Naomi did it. Same thing with Emily and Jordan. She finds Jordan and she falls in love with her. Then another bad thing happens and she's questioning Jordan like crazy. She wasn't questioning her when she was saying how much she loved her. Their group likes to make assumptions and its not good. They will never be able to trust anyone if they don't calm down and stop worrying about every little thing.
The definition of trust from google.com is a firm belief of reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. For me as a person to trust you, I have to believe that whatever it is that I am trusting you with, whether it be a secret or a possession of mine, i have to believe that with you it will be safe. Safer than with me. Safe from whoever or whatever I'm trying to keep it from. I only expect you to have it because I either told or gave it to only you. That is what trust means to me. If I can't trust you, I can't do anything with you. To have any connection with me, I have to know that I can trust you. It's the first thing you establish with me to become my friend, I have to be able to trust you in one way or another. That is what some people need to learn and do. Trust is one of the key things in life even though at first it might not seem like it.
Readers, What does trust mean to you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jadaaaaa! Very well written and elaborated post! To me, trust means that I can count on you to be there for me, to be loyal to me, and to stay true to the things you promise me and I will do the same in return. I think that the girls are lucky to have each other to trust, but in their life, it's going to be difficult to find others to trust. Also, I think that even though they should try and forget about A, it's hard because they don't know if A will still come back! Since this whole fiasco started, A has done things they don't expect and at the most unexpected times! I don't think they will ever be able to let go of their past. I think its important to look into the future but i don't know if they should just try to forget about everything that has happened to them! Would you be able to if you were them? Great post!!!!!! luv ya! -Molly
ReplyDelete