Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Don't Judge Me

Title: Don't Judge Me
Singer: Chris Brown
Songwriter: Rob Allen and Andre Merritt (aka. The Graffiti Artists)

I first heard the song, Don't Judge Me, sung by Chris Brown, I fell in love with it. When you first listen to any song, you don't really listen to it. You listen to the rhyme, the beat, and how the person sings the song. The second time you listen to the song, you may start to listen tot he lyrics and understand what they mean. My mom liked this song first and while we were on our way to school, she told me to listen to it and I loved it. The song has a strong message which is do not judge people by their actions or appearance in the past and focus on the now.

I think that the message is do not judge people by their actions or appearance in the past and focus on the now. I think this because in the song Chris Brown says, "Just let the past, Just be the past. And focus on things, that are gonna make us laugh." He is saying that they should move on from the things that he did in his past and focus on the present and future. He wants to focus on their future, their meaning the girl and himself, together and making memories together. Chris Brown also says, "Take me as I am, not who I was." He is saying that she should accept him for who he is now because before that wasn't the same person. He is also saying that who he is now is more important than who he was before and he's a changed man.

This message connects to the real world because I'm sure everyone is judged by someone everyday. It might just be them saying something weird and they already have a title for themselves. Someone who is from a different country or looks a different way or anyone period who is not up to other peoples standards are judged. People are mostly judged on appearance in the real world, especially teens. There may be an obese teenage girl who is new at a school, and the first day, she will be judged as the new ugly fat weird girl. its unfair how judgmental the world is but that may just be the person's personality or the way they were raised.

This is my favorite song because i love what it symbolizes. It clearly states my message which is that you should not judge people by their actions or appearance in the past and focus on the now. No one wants to be treated or judged at all in any way possible. Whether its your appearance or actions, its unnecessary and rude. And I for one am not fond of being disrespected in a rude way.

No comments:

Post a Comment